Tuesday, December 10, 2013
1-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
6 slices chicken ham, thinly cut
ground black pepper to taste
Ingredients for Spinach Crepes Batter :
1-1/2 cup spinach puree (from 1 cup water + 400gm raw spinach)
1/2 cup milk
1 TB sugar
1/4 tspn salt
1 cup all purpose flour
3 TB butter, melted
Blend or puree raw spinach till fine & smooth (keep the extra puree refrigerated for other purposes), then beat together all the ingredients till well combined. Preheat frying pan with a touch of butter, place in a latter of batter and cook over medium heat till almost done.
Thursday, November 28, 2013
1 large brinjal, cut into bite size
50gm bottle beans, cut small
2 large abalone mushroom, tear into chunk shreds
2 shallots, sliced
1/2 inch ginger, julienned
3- 4 bird eye chilies
salt & pepper to taste
salt & pepper to taste
1 tspn sweet dark soy sauce
Topping : handful of salted fish (rinsed & fried till brown)
(1) preheat wok / frying pan with 2 TB of cooking oil, pan fry brinjal till brown & fragrant over high heat then remove from pan.
(2) add another 2 TB cooking oil to wok/frying pan, saute shallots & ginger till fragrant.
(3) now stir in chilies, bottle beans & mushroom, stir fry for a few minute till everything became tender.
(4) add in cooked brinjal and continue cooking for another 10-15 mins.
(5) finally, add in seasoning and kept stirring for another 5 mins, serve hot with salted fish.
Monday, November 25, 2013
2-1/3 cups water
1-1/2 cup white rice
1/2 cup glutinous rice
200gm long beans, trimmed the end & cut small
50gm dried shrimp, soaked
50gm dried oyster, soaked
1 inch ginger, julienned
3 shallots , sliced
1 TB dark soy sauce (add more if you prefer darker)
2 TB light soy sauce
1/3 tspn salt
1/4 tspn pepper
1/2 tspn vegetables granule
For Topping : 100gm salted fish (rinsed & fried till golden brown)
(1) rinsed & drained both rice and set aside for 30 mins.
(2) preheat wok/frying pan with 1/3 cup cooking oil, saute ginger, shallot & dried shrimp till fragrant.
(3) next, stir in dried oyster, both rice and all the seasoning, cook everything till dry & nicely combined over low heat.
(4) transfer everything into rice cooker then add in water, let it cook till done.
(5) and not to forget, stir in long beans when rice just about to cook. Let to stand for 10-15 mins before serving.
(6) once its ready, serve rice with salted fish.
'mei xiang' salted fish. Oooo..... those 'mei xiang' salted fish reminds me of my home town famous clay pot chicken rice. Slurppp....