Monday, January 27, 2014

Egg Yolk Lemon & Lime Cookies

*Dong Dong qiang.....dong dong qiang...*.Chinese New Year is just around the corner.  I haven't even started any new year baking yet. Too lazy to start up anything. haha.... However, don't know what comes biting me today and I ended up making these lovely cookies. I really addicted to anything with lemon & lime and these cookies just wonderful to make my day a little easier. Nice to giveaway on Valentine's Day as well. However, I'm here wishing you all a very Happy Chinese New Year *新年快乐* .....gong xi...gong xi..... May the year of horse brings good fortune & prosperity to everyone.

Ingredients :
3 egg yolk
3 TB  icing sugar
100gm  butter, softened
150gm  flour
1 TB  corn oil (cooking oil)
1/4 tspn  salt
1 lemon zest & 1 lime zest

Method :
(1) cream egg yolk, butter, cooking oil & sugar till well mixed.
(2) stir in the remaining ingredients till well combined.
(3) insert mixture to pipping bag and then pipe mixture to lined baking tray.
(4) finally, bake at preheated oven 150-160'C for 15 mins or till brown.

15 comments:

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I love lime so my mouth is watering Have a good day Diane

~~louise~~ said...

Happy Chinese New Year Kristy! Your cookies sound so yummy. I love citrus this time of year. Good time for puckering up, lol...

I don't know if the Chinese Cookie Bake-a-long is still open but you might want to check Joyce's blog to find out. I think Zoe, and Lena are hosting too.

Wishing you a Happy and Prosperous New Year, Louise

Nee said...

Hi Kristy , your cookies look heavenly divine , just melt in your mouth . Happy New Year to you and your family . Thanks for sharing :)

Cooking Gallery said...

Love the shape of the cookies and the ingredients for the cookies too, sounds very yummy :)! I've not been very active online the last couple of months, but hopefully this year I can get more active again :). You've got many beautiful recipes as every :)!! Keep up the good work!

Medeja said...

Your cookies look so cute and sounds interesting making them with yolks..I should try it :)

Mich PieceofCake said...

Lemon and lime cookies sound delicious.

Vivian Pang said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai! Lovely cookies you have.

Jeannie Tay said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai to you too....these cookies sounds heavenly and so pretty!

CaThY said...

Interesting cookie combination! Thanks for sharing. Happy new yr to you & yr family Kristy :)

Pam said...

What great cookies, love lime being in them! Happy Chinese New Year, Kristy!

claudia lamascolo said...

Happy New Year these looks awesome my dear!

Angie Schneider said...

These cookies look awesome, Kristi.
Happy Chinese New Year!
Angie

lena said...

hi kristy, hope you are having a wonderful new year. These cookies must be very delicious. May you have a healthy, happy and prosperous horsey year! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year- The ingredients don't include lemon or lime, am I missing something? They are lovely little cookies and I would like to bake a batch. Please advise.

Chaya said...

What lovely cookies these are. You make everything attractive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...